SNACK ATTACK! DEVILED EGGS
What to eat snacks – look out for more snack ideas each week but for the grandness of them all Deviled Eggs!
Add bacon, hot source, goats feta cheese, side of Tuna or sardines and even as the image suggests; Boiled eggs, avocado, coconut oil and bacon! Do you really need a recipe for this? Nope just get creative and Boom you got yourself a carb free (ketogenic snack!)
Just in case here’s a recipe to try out – enjoy!
- 12 large hard cooked eggs, peeled and cut lengthwise
- 1/2 ripe avocado, halved, peeled and pit removed
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 3 tablespoons organic whole eg mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Cilantro leaves
- Using food processor chopping/mixing blade, process egg yolks, avocado, cilantro, mayonnaise, pepper and cumin until smooth.
- Pipe yolk mixture into each egg white half.
- Top each half with salsa and cilantro.
Deviled eggs get a bad rep because they’re usually made with heaps of commercially made mayonnaise, which is loaded with canola and vegetable oils. Hello, GMOs! These deviled eggs, on the other hand, rely on benefit-rich avocado to get that creamy texture without unnecessary ingredients. With seasonings like cumin and chili powder along with fresh cilantro, you’ll love taking these on the go.
credit: article Dr Axe
credit: pic Everyday Good Thinking